Wednesday, April 21, 2010

i heart blizzards...



And no, I do not meant that I love huge snowstorms. In fact, given the choice I would always choose summer over winter. Always. I do on the other hand heart blizzards from Dairy Queen. Outside of the TCBY shiver which is the best ice cream treat on the planet, the blizzard is my most favorite dessert. The only reason TCBY tops DQ is my love of the white chocolate mousse that is part of their shiver. But other than that, they are the same. I have always been a lover of blizzards but lately I feel like I have become a connoisseur. I am in pursuit of finding the best blizzard. I was always a fan of the usual peanut butter cup or Butter finger blizzard. Then my boyfriend changed my world. He was sweet enough to introduce me to the peanut butter sauce they have at Dairy Queen. Now from my last post, we all know that I love love peanut butter. I have tried the peanut butter sauce with many toppings: peanut butter cups, oreos, m&ms, brownie bits, but lately my go to blizzard has been peanut butter sauce and cookie dough. I know - we are seeing a patter here. But two weekends ago, I tried a blizzard that I think has surpassed them all. Unfortunately I can not take credit for this creation. That I will have to give to my boyfriend. But this blizzard was so delicious I had to share: peanut butter sauce, Butterfingers, and crunch coat. It was delicious. I recommend everyone try it.

And to make it even better, last night I was watching tv and saw a DQ commercial. From now until Sunday, if you buy one blizzard you get an additional one for $0.25. Enjoy :)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/19/dairy-queen-blizzard-turn_n_543489.html

4 comments:

  1. That's just what I do...change the world one Blizzard at a time. And speaking of change, I may be up for one of those $0.25 Blizzards this weekend. Are you in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever known me to turn down ice cream?? Clearly I am in :) It can even be my treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I did not get a chance to get a $0.25 Blizzard but I do really want to try this new creation of yours (and Jeff's). What is crunch coat?? Am I reading that wrong? I don't know what that means. :) My favorite always has been Snickers. The key though is that you have to say no chocolate sauce. I know that sounds strange coming from a chocolate lover, but it is very important in this case - no chocolate sauce. Mmmmm! So good. As soon as the boys come home we are off to DQ. Hope you enjoyed your Blizzards this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally on board with the no chocolate sauce in the blizzard. The DQ by my apartment always puts it in and I am not a fan. I too love chocolate but no chocolate sauce in my blizzard :) I am not positive what is in crunch coat but it is some sort of mixture of peanuts or peanut brittle and sprinkles - they usually coat cones in it. You should try it! Good choice on the Snickers blizzard - that is my mom's favorite too!

    ReplyDelete