Friday, April 2, 2010

and the running has commenced...


It is going to be a very busy summer so I am starting to train now for the half marathon. According to the research I have done online, most people can train in about 12 weeks. But between weddings, moving and various trips planned for the summer I wanted to start now. Last night was my first run outside and it was amazing. The weather was perfect for an outdoor run (although it was a little windy). I am definitely looking forward to lots of evening runs while I get myself together for this race. I did decide I am going to need to purchase a watch. I am planning on using my treadmill runs to work on my speed and pacing but once I get past 8 miles I can no longer do that on a treadmill. Those runs will have to be outside for sure but I want a watch so I can make sure I am maintaining my pacing so that I can finish the race in under 2 hours (which is my goal). Other than that I am all set to get to work. I have a new pair of shoes that I am going to break out in June (thank you Santa) and other than filling the ipod I am all set. Wish me luck :)

1 comment:

  1. Ask your mom about the family Easter photos on the front lawn at 611. Her stuffed bunny was bigger than I was back then.

    ReplyDelete