Monday, April 5, 2010

the last song


As I said before, I love reading. I don't discriminate in genres. In fact I like trying all different types of books - mysteries, chick lit, non-fiction...I just finished The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. I am truly a girly-girl at heart so I can't resist a good love story. And Nicholas Sparks is always good for a good love story. This particular story follows Veronica "Ronnie" Miller and the summer she spent before her 18th birthday. Her life was turned upside down when her parents divorced and three years later she still has a strained relationship with both her parents. Her mother decides to send Ronnie and her younger brother to spend the summer with their father. So Ronnie makes the journey from New York City down to Wilmington to spend her last summer of "childhood". What follows is a story of love, coming of age, heart break and self discovery. The story is told from many points of view and the end left me in tears. It was a quick read (I read it in less than a week) but the story was amazing. I am looking forward to seeing the movie (even if Miley Cyrus is in it)...

2 comments:

  1. I'm anxious to hear what you thought of the movie. I haven't read the book or seen the movie yet but I'd like to do both and want to hear your thoughts first. I'm a sucker for a good love story but I know Nicholas Sparks tends to leave the reader (or watcher) in tears so I'm cautious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved the book. I definitely recommend reading it. I am always a fan of reading the book before the moving. I'll let you know my thoughts after I see the movie!

    ReplyDelete