Monday, April 19, 2010

the perfect food marriage


For me, the most amazing "food marriage" of flavors is the one between chocolate and peanut butter. There really is nothing better. I love any food that combines these two flavors - especially ice cream. Lately, I have found a new passion for testing recipes that involve combining these two delicious flavors. Over Thanksgiving, I made a seven layer bar dessert that had peanut butter as one of the layers. I must say it was a hit and they were devoured by my family. Yesterday I was watching the Food Network while I was doing some studying and I saw this recipe:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/peanut-butter-cookie-dough-brownies-recipe/index.html

I didn't think there was anything better than peanut butter and chocolate, but this recipe seems to top that delicious marriage by adding in another favorite - cookie dough. I am yet to meet a person who doesn't love cookie dough. The best part about this recipe is it doesn't have eggs in it so there are no worries about eating the dough. I haven't tried it yet but it is definitely on my list of things to do once moving and this quarter are over. What is your favorite chocolate and peanut butter food? Or do you disagree and think there is another "food marriage" that tops this one? I am always interested to hear!

1 comment:

  1. Although I am a big choc and pb fan, my favorite food combo has to be chocolate and caramel. I love the soft caramel like you find in a Milky Way (still waiting to find one of the new Caramel Only Milky Ways but starting to wonder if it is an urban legend)but also love chewy caramel like a Fanny Mae dipped caramel and even a harder caramel like a Heath Bar or "chocolate crackers". I will definitely check out your choc/pb recipe. Let me know if you find any good chocolate caramel recipes!

    ReplyDelete