Tuesday, March 30, 2010

i am running 13 miles...


Last week I decided I needed to do it again. I am going to do another half marathon. I by no means think this is a major accomplishment. I have many friends who have not only ran one but multiple full marathons. I do not aspire to be a person who can run a marathon and I honestly don't think it is something I could physically do. But last year I ran a half marathon in Nashville and although it was hard (who am I kidding, it was really hard) I think I am ready for the challenge again this year. So I signed up to run one of the half marathons in Chicago at the end of the summer - giving me plenty of time to get back into running shape. Last night was my first night back on schedule and I did my 5 miles in 45 minutes. Hopefully I will be able to keep that pace all summer and finish the half in less than 2 hours. I am definitely going to be crossing my fingers and am going to need lots of motivation (maybe the promise of a new pair of shoes after I finish :) I guess now that I put this out there, there is no turning back...

3 comments:

  1. good luck with your training. you're my role model!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck reaching your goal! I miss running like that. I like the idea of a little "treat" for finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicago Rock & Roll on August 1st? I'll see you about 40 minutes after you finish. GOod luck!!

    ReplyDelete