Monday, March 29, 2010

some people really are disgusting...

My sister and I are moving in together in a couple of months. Yesterday we started the daunting task of looking for a new place to live. This can definitely be a stressful process so we decided to use an apartment finding service. It's so nice to be able to go in and tell someone exactly what you are looking for (bedrooms, bathrooms, laundry facilities, central air, etc...) and they can just churn out a list of places that meet all or most of your requirements and are available for lease when you are looking to move. She and I had a laundry list of things that we wanted so we were slightly nervous about what we would be able to find. We looked at 9 apartments yesterday and luckily found one that met almost every requirement we had. Now as exciting as this was for us, the real story pertains to some of the other places that we looked at that were definitely not what we were looking for. It is really interesting to look at apartments that people are currently living in. I don't mean to stereotype, but from what we say yesterday guys tend to live very differently than girls. There were multiple apartments that we looked at that had all guys living there. I have never seen so much "stuff" in my life. I am the first to admit, I have a lot of stuff - especially in the clothes and shoes category. But I am noting compared to some of these people. We went into apartments and there was just "stuff" piled up everywhere. Maybe these people are not very organized and that is why it seemed like there was so much stuff everywhere. We went into one apartment and had not one, not two, but two and half refrigerators. Who needs that much fridge space?!?! One of the last places we looked at was one of the most disgusting places I have ever set foot into in my entire life. There were dirty dishes piled high in the sink, trash all over the kitchen and an overflowing litter box in another room. This is not even an exaggeration. I know that I am very organized and neat to a fault - but these people were literally living in filth. I am not sure if it was girls or boys living there but whomever it was was truly disgusting. And if I were the owner of that apartment I would be really irritated because that place will not get rented until the current tenants move out and that place gets a professional cleaning. Gross!! Overall it was a successful day and we found a place that is going to be great. Too bad that means we have to move now...

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate the comment as it's certainly right in line with Sheila's love of musicals, but I may have to start a rebuttal blog of "that's what HE said" if we continue down this path ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think sam and the cat lady would have enjoyed living together. we should have given her sam's number before we left.

    ReplyDelete