Wednesday, March 31, 2010

in your easter bonnet...


Is there such thing as being too old for Easter baskets? My mom emailed my sisters and I to ask what we wanted in the Easter basket. Is it crazy that I am 27 years old and I am still really excited about the Easter basket at my mom's house. Easter baskets at our house have certainly changed over the years. As little kids they were baskets with some candy and a little stuffed animal or maybe a "beanie baby". As we got older (and were usually in Florida for Easter) we got new purses instead of baskets but they were still filled candy and gum and usually other fun things like make up and some cool "hair stuff". We always fought over the best candy and who got the coolest new purse. As we got older it was no longer Easter baskets and just one giant basket for everyone to share. So now I am looking forward to heading home and getting to enjoy lots and lots of delicious candy - peanut butter cups, and milk chocolate eggs, carmel filled Cadbury eggs, jelly beans... I can't wait! What's your favorite Easter candy tradition??

No comments:

Post a Comment